Updated: Jan 31, 2020
The Central Coast has quickly become "THE" spot for couples to get hitched and It comes to no surprise at all. This place literally has everything going on here! Whether you are looking for a luxurious venue that is sure to compete with the likes of many celebrity weddings, or something a bit more simple, elegant, rustic, outdoorsy and adventurous, we have it all... seriously.
As a Wedding Photographer & Videographer, I am constantly giving recommendations and advice to couples for venues here on the Central Coast. My insider knowledge has allowed me to truly understand what couples are looking for in a venue and why. The inspiration behind this blog is to help guide YOU, yes you, in the process of selecting your dream venue here on the Central Coast. I will be breaking down and taking into account a few different things to ensure you make the best decision possible.
Please keep in mind that I love all of these venues equally and that they would not be on this list if I didn't. Ultimately your choice in venue is going to come down to you and what your needs are, I can not do that for you. However what I can do is sift through the +1000 wedding venues on the central coast and narrow that down to the top 10 venues on the central coast. These venues are at the top of their game on all levels. Please understand also that, there is no "ONE PERFECT" that outshines the rest, that's absurd. This blog, as stated previously, was written to aid YOU, yes you, in becoming aware of the best venues on the Central Coast coming from a Wedding Photographer & Filmmakers' perspective.
1. Location: 19019 Highway 1 Ragged Point, CA 93452
2. Style: Historic Building, Rustic Hotel, Restaurant, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
3. Guest Capacity: 20 - 250
4. Services Offered: Accommodations, Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Wifi.
5. Minimum Starting Price: $2,000
Overlooking the Big Sur Coast, this rustic hotel on Highway 1 is a 20-minute drive from Hearst Castle. Warmly decorated rooms with wood accents offer satellite TV and coffeemakers. Upgraded rooms add fireplaces, whirlpool tubs, and private decks or balconies with ocean views. The on-site restaurant features seasonal cuisine made with local ingredients. There's also a wine and espresso bar, an ice cream shop and a sandwich stand. Additional perks include a seasonal concert series and BBQs.
Ragged Point is perfect for those couples seeking something a bit more encompassed in nature. Big Sur is one of the most scenic places in California known for its overhanging cliffs and oceanic views making it a very unique venue
1. Location: 1150 Farmhouse Lane San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
2. Style of the Venue: Private Estate, Barn/Farm/Ranch, Vintage/Rustic, Outdoor
3. Guest Capacity: Accommodates up to 250 guests
4. Services Offered: Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
5. Minimum Starting Price: 15,000 off peak season - 18,000 during peak season
Once owned by the Madonna family, this turn of the century farmhouse and 100 acre ranch combines old world artistry with modern amenities. The Flying Caballos Ranch is located in the rolling hills of Edna Valley, minutes from wine country and downtown San Luis Obispo.
The Flying Caballos Ranch is located in the rolling hills of Edna Valley, just five minutes from downtown San Luis Obispo. We offer a very unique property that has several wedding ceremony and reception sites for 250+ guests as well as four historic rental homes that can accommodate up to 24 overnight guests.
1. Location: 4450 San Simeon Creek Road, Cambria, CA 93428
2. Style of the Venue: Barn, Farm/Ranch, Inn/B&B, Indoor, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
3. Guest Capacity: 20 - 100
4. Services Offered: Accommodations, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Wifi.
5. Minimum Starting Price: $3,500
Stepladder Ranch is a luxury private estate and wedding venue in the heart of the Central Coast in Cambria, California. The ranch is a perfect destination for your weekend wedding retreat, offering exceptional overnight accommodations for you and your guests and a scenic backdrop for your wedding celebrations. Stepladder Ranch offers the luxury of privacy, while being in close proximity to Main Street in the enchanting town of Cambria, Hearst Castle and wineries along the Central California Coast.
1. Location: 2121 Hwy 154 Santa Ynez, CA 93460